Monday, April 16, 2012

Year of Happiness: Weekend Birthday Edition

I haven't posted in a few days as the weekend was very busy with birthday celebrations.  I've become another year older.  At some point I probably won't be so excited about celebrating my birthday, but this year I enjoyed my big day as much as any other year.

Things that made me happy this weekend:

1. Fancy Breakfast

Greta invited me over Friday after class under the pretense of making me breakfast.  In the end it turned out I made breakfast while she cleaned her apartment.  Either way, breakfast was delicious, the company was wonderful and I still believe anything with chocolate is an instant win.
Chocolate Honey Wheat Waffles

2. Family and Friends

Birthdays are always filled with friends and family either through phone calls, dinners, parties or Facebook messages.   This year I enjoyed drinks with friends I see everyday and some friends I haven't seen in weeks, I had dinner with my family at Moosewood (and tried a delicious Chardonnay from Fox Run Winery) and lunch with a friend at Thai Cuisine (which has an awesome brunch on Sundays, maybe I'll do a restaurant review one of these days).   I even got phone calls from Virginia, Madrid, Washington, D.C. and East Aurora.  And if this didn't make me feel loved enough, 100 people wrote on my Facebook wall to wish me a happy birthday.
Sculptures at the arboretum at Cornell

3. Reading with a cup of tea

I started reading Catching Fire on Friday as all of my friends have been raving about the Hunger Games series.  I proceeded to spend all of Sunday afternoon lounging about reading with a cup of Blackberry Sage tea (absolutely delish tea from Republic of Teas).  The book is as addicting as my friends told me it would be, possibly due to the simple writing style as it is geared towards a younger audience. I kept telling myself "one more chapter, then I'll do [insert productive activity here]" but that chapter would come and go and I would still be sitting on the couch turning pages. It's been a while since I've allowed myself to spend (almost said waste, but no time is wasted when spent reading) an afternoon reading when I had many things that were more productive that I could have been doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment