Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wednesday, the 21st

So I have a few minutes before class starts at 4.  I haven't written in weeks, well, let's not lie... it's been months since I've had a moment where I felt clear minded enough to sit down and type something out. 

The big news from this semester is: I got engaged!  Zach and I got engaged on the 4th of April.  We couldn't be happier though at this point, with the wedding date (undecided) so far away, nothing has really changed - which is exactly the way I wanted it. We'd had a debate about this for a while - what difference does it make if we're dating for 5 years and engaged for one or dating for 2.5 and engaged for 3?  Obviously we decided it really didn't make a difference and since I have 3 more years of school, we'll be doing the latter.  He hasn't gotten a ring yet so I'm wearing my great-grandmother's engagement ring that I received from my mother on my 18th birthday.  I really like it, but it's not really "me"... so Zach is getting me the real one when he can afford it.

Less exciting happenings in my life: I'm taking a triathlon gym class at school which for the first half of the semester was basically work out (run or bike) in the gym 2 days a week and you get credit.  Then our teacher left and we've had real workouts this semester.  We had swimming for 3 weeks, and now we're on the track with the track coach, who so far has been great and really helpful in keeping me motivated.  Swimming was very tough for me - I've never been a great swimmer as much as I enjoy being in the water.  It didn't help I was the slowest one there and everyone was always waiting for me to finish.  Physically swimming felt great, but psychologically it didn't make me feel great about myself.  Now that we're on the track I'm enjoying it a lot more though I'm still probably slowest.  We did some Fartleks today which was fun to finally understand how exactly to do a work out and not just run until I'm tired.  I'll just need to keep up the workouts I learn in this class.

Well, it's class time.  Hopefully I'll be back to write soon.

-KE

No comments:

Post a Comment