Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Finished Object: Little Blue Hippo

It has been a while since I've had the time to finish a knitting project.  I still haven't finished a knitting project, but I started and finished my first crochet project! I'm really happy with the way it turned out, though he is a little bit lopsided.
From the book: Tiny Yarn Animals by Tami Snow

Yarn: I used some old Red Heart yarn I bought at Vidler's way back in middle school when I first decided I was going to learn to knit.  I've been dragging that yarn to and from school for the past 4 years and finally used it! Unfortunately I'll have to make many a more hippos before I use up that yarn.
What I'll remember about this project: It's my first crochet project I've finished, it's also the first project I've finished within a month in a long time ... if ever.  It felt really nice to finish off the animal and have something to show for the time and effort I put into it.  I really enjoyed crocheting and though I struggled with counting stitches and rows at first, I finally figured out how to keep track of where I was in the pattern.  I had fun taking him outside on a sunny morning to catch a cute photo that makes him look as if he is on the banks of the Shalimar!
I enjoyed making the hippo so much that I have started the Octopus from the same book.  I'll post photos when I've finished.

Slightly off-topic:

The newest edition to the family:

Sarsparilla aka "Sassy"
Born: May 2, 2011

Moxie is not pleased, but every day she seems to tolerate her a little bit more, though I could be imagining it...

No comments:

Post a Comment