Tuesday, August 2, 2011

What friends are for

Many apologies for yesterday's post.  Some days just don't go your way and I just had to write something for fear that I would never come back if I didn't at least post something.  I ended up talking to some friends and being able to become less frustrated.  It turns out my camera deleted all photos on my memory card so I lost the photos I haven't uploaded.  I'm disappointed that I lost the photos but as Erin said: "Well, I guess we'll just have to go blueberry picking again." 
And that's what friends are for: 
  • Seeing the positive when you're too frustrated by or too focused on the negative to really see how unimportant it really is in the grand scheme of things. 
  • Being that shoulder on which you can lean and try to explain what's bothering you when it really doesn't make sense to you and saying it out loud makes it seem just plain silly that you're upset in the first place.
  • Being the one to simply say "let's go for a walk" and then let you rant the entire time and understand you sometimes just need to get things out in the open and maybe a little bit of chocolate.
I've realized this summer that my friends are the best support group I could ask for.  They have been there for me whether I want them or not (though this summer I've wanted them around more than ever).  They've always said the right things at the right time and been the voice of reason when I was unable to be reasonable on my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment