Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Finished Object: Ocho the Octopus

Pattern: Octopus by Tamie Snow
in Tiny Yarn Animals by Tamie Snow

Yarn: Sugar 'n' Cream Ombres and Prints, 100% cotton

What I learned: Bent yarn needles are life savers for amigurumi!  I had had the parts crocheted for a while... a good week or two, but I was dreading putting him together.  First of all the pattern ended with a hole in the bottom of the body which I didn't know how to work with and I couldn't figure out how to place the legs.  I finally decided to crochet the hole shut and then use straight pins to pin the legs on to see how they would fit on.  This is what I came up with:
 
I thought he turned out pretty good, I like the stitch definition better with this yarn than what I used for the hippo, but it's also a lot newer yarn so that may have something to do with it.  I also really liked how the circumference turned out to be just perfect for the yarn and allowed the red, white and blue to spiral instead of clump on one side like I originally feared it would do.


Saspy meets Ocho:

No comments:

Post a Comment