Saturday, July 9, 2011

Things Sassy Cat Likes

Moxie has always been a very picky cat loving tuna, cat food and cat treats and pretty much nothing else.  Sarsparilla on the other hand will eat (or at least taste) anything and everything my parents or I eat but won't touch the kitten treats unless accidentally digested by them being in her food dish.  Here's a sampling of some of the strange (and not so strange) things she just goes crazy for.

1. Greek Yogurt 
Mango preferably, but I don't think she's too picky.

2. Homemade Mac and Cheese
I haven't tried Kraft but I fear once she has tried the real stuff Kraft just won't cut it

3. Pepperoni
My aunt cut some pepperoni up for her dog... but Sassy got to it first.  Now she gets really excited whenever pizza comes through the door.

4. Tuna
We had a small single serving size of this tuna in the house and my mom dished it out to the cats as a little treat.   Moxie turned her nose up (usually Moxie goes crazy for tuna, I'm not sure if it was the brand or what it was that made her dislike it) and Sassy pretty much ate her weight in it... and then went searching for more.  While not surprising in itself, it's a good example of how picky Moxie is compared to Sassy.
 5. Fried Eggs 
Sassy goes absolutely nuts for eggs.  I find this very strange.  My dad and I both have had to eat our egg breakfasts standing in order to keep Sassy from absconding with the eggs.  We're wondering if she had been introduced to them before she came to our home because of how enthusiastic she is about them.

6. Raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing
Sassy licked a plate clean of raspberry vinaigrette dressing after dinner ... I swear, we feed her. 

DISCLAIMER: we don't make a habit of feeding our cats "people food".  We have just noticed how much Sassy tries to get "people food" and thought some of her preferences were a bit strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment